The following websites are provided as a resource for our patients and referring docotors. This page contains hyperlinks to World Wide Web sites that are created and maintained by other organizations. Keep in mind that Metropolitan Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Associates does not necessarily endorse the views expressed on these websites. Also, we do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information presented on these sites.
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- American Dental Association
- American Medical Association
- Georgia Dental Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Dental Society of Anesthesology
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Foundation
- Food and Drug Administration
- International Association of Dental Research
- National Institute of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Georgia Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
MedicineNet – Content-rich commercial site includes interactive groups, ask-the-doctor feature, medical dictionary, comprehensive drug information, medical news, disease-specific information, and links.
Medscape – Searchable commercial collection of full-text articles from such useful sources as the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Oncolink – Huge collection of cancer information and links based at the University of Pennsylvania. The best starting place found for cancer information.
Healio – Physician maintained commercial database of annotated health links. Oriented toward medical professionals, but accessible to an educated lay person. A keyword search gets you to a subject index, from which you navigate to the links you want.
American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons – find information about oral and maxillofacial surgery including cancer, dental implants, sports safety, jaw surgery, and more.